Does your church rely on the Sunday bulletins to get information out to members? Or use a phone tree to get prayer requests distributed? Or use email to make announcements of calendar events?
With group text messaging you can reach your audience faster and more effectively than ever before!
iTextToday is a dynamic group text messaging platform that allows you to connect with your audience and expand your reach to today's Mobile Generation. Whether you want to instantly reach your congregation with prayer alerts or newsletters, want to schedule small group meetings or are looking for a powerful way to reach out, connect and build relationships with your increasingly mobile audience, iTextToday has the solution for you.
How it works
At the core of iTextToday is an easy-to-use online control panel. Here you manage your contacts and organize them in groups. You can send and schedule outgoing text messages to contacts or groups, as well as collect incoming messages.
You can assign automation to incoming messages based on the keyword the message starts with. For instance, a message can trigger a contact to be added to a specific group, trigger an automatic text message reply or the message can automatically be forwarded to each contact in a specific group.
How would your church use iTextToday?
ITextToday can be used whenever you need to share information with your audience, or parts of your audience, or whenever you want to give your audience the opportunity to share information with you. Click on the tabs below to see some specific examples of how your church could use iTextToday.
Contacts: Three ways to build contact lists
To be able to send group messages, first, cell phone users must "opt-in" to receive text messages from your church. When they opt in, they are added to your database and you can reach out to them instantly at any time!
- Contacts can be added manually, or you can import lists.
- Ask contacts to "opt-in" by sending a simple text message. They will be automatically added to a group.
- You can instruct people to include their name, email, address or any other info with their message.
- Add a "widget" to your web page. Visitors enter their cell phone number to be added to a group
Prayer: Instantly reach your prayer team with prayer requests
- Instantly send prayer requests to your entire prayer team.
- No more phone trees, no more emails, no more delays.
- Send messages from online control panel or directly from your phone.
- Use the forward function to let anyone send a prayer request directly to your staff or prayer team.
Notifications: Instantly reach the right audience
Send or schedule instant notifications and reminders directly to the right group. From your entire congregation to just youth group parents to your security staff.
- Outgoing youth group alerts: "parents, we are going to be 30 minutes late coming back. Pls come to pick-up at 7 instead of 6:30-Pastor John"
- Reminders: "Remember to bring a donation for the food drive this Sunday!"
- Event Reminders: "Tomorrow night at 7 is the start of a new series at our women's Bible Study. All are welcome."
- Security: "there is an un-registered person trying to pick-up a child in the nursery. need help"
Send your regularly scheduled newsletters via text message!
Send or schedule simple text message-only newsletters or use our easy mobile website builder to create a complete html bulletin including images and an unlimited amount of charactes. The outgoing message will contain a link that can be opened on any web-enabled phone.
- Better than email!: 90% of text messages are opened in 15 minutes. 80% of emails are never opened.
- Include links and images: A mobile webpage can include links and images.
- No character limit: A mobile website can contain as much information as you like.
Fundraising: Reach out and collect
- Coupons: Reach out when you have a special discount in your store.
- Live participation: Let your audience join raffles or contests via text message at live events
- Collect Pledges: Let your fundraising audience text in their pledges at a live event.
Note: To collect donations via text message we recommend using MoPin, our mobile wallet offering.
- Send a message with a request to set up their mobile wallet and donate!
There's More: Additional Features
- Training and account managers: We're always available to help you make most of our service.
- Reporting and Statistics: Get detailed reports on all account activity.
- Integrate with Twitter and Facebook: Push your outgoing messages to your social media accounts.
- QR code generator: Let your audience opt-in or receive a message when they scan a QR code.
Get Started Today!
We give you the opportunity to experience the power of group messaging at no cost with our FREE trial! We even include 50 message credits.
Sign Up Online or text TRIAL to 59769.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. You may opt out at any time by sending STOP to 59769. Supported carriers: AT&T Mobility, Sprint, Nextel, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Alltell, Virgin, US Cellular, Boost and Cellular One. For help or information text HELP to 59769
When you're ready to purchase, simply upgrade to one of our conveniently priced plans, some of which also give you access to our other services like MoPin and our Greater App.
Click here for an overview of pricing and packages.